Sunday, November 13, 2005
I lived for two years with Lizzie and Mel before I came to this new place, and my last year with the girls they got two cats, Callie and Indie. At first I found them kind of annoying, but after spending a winter taking sole care of them, they were alright. Indie was never very people friendly, but Callie seemed to like me and would often ask for attention. She liked being cuddled, and purred while sitting in my lap. She got bullied around by her sister sometimes, because Indie, being so clever, fed Callie all their food and got her fat. Watching their interaction was very amusing in that way, and it was always clear to me that Callie was the gentler of the two.
So it's discouraging to hear of Callie's death out in the state for which she was named. She was poisoned, so I guess curiosity did indeed kill the cat that liked to eat. I spent a while looking through her old pictures, and felt a little guilty about the times I complained about cleaning out their litter box, or when she woke me up at 7 in the morning, meowing for her breakfast. To die after only a year of life seems like a waste.
Well, here's to Callie. I'm sorry I could not be there to pour soju on your grave, as we do in lieu of flowers in Korea.
So it's discouraging to hear of Callie's death out in the state for which she was named. She was poisoned, so I guess curiosity did indeed kill the cat that liked to eat. I spent a while looking through her old pictures, and felt a little guilty about the times I complained about cleaning out their litter box, or when she woke me up at 7 in the morning, meowing for her breakfast. To die after only a year of life seems like a waste.
Well, here's to Callie. I'm sorry I could not be there to pour soju on your grave, as we do in lieu of flowers in Korea.