Sunday, May 15, 2005
Despite its popularity with US college students, I never opened an account on the facebook because it seemed to me like another sad way of socializing online, instead of in real life. Apparently, there were people who agreed, and now there is a parody web site:
"Yes, theAssbook has an ideology, and it is as follows: people spend too much goddamn time interacting over the computer instead of in real life. The goal here is to put people in a face-to-face (or, if they prefer, genitals-to-genitals, or genitals-to-face) situation. Too many people are leading quiet lives of desparation... [sic]"
The parody is a web site that assists college students find hook-up buddies. Sorry, I will not register, but I encourage you to do so. Or better yet, stop reading this silly blog, turn off your computer, and go out to lunch with a friend.
"Yes, theAssbook has an ideology, and it is as follows: people spend too much goddamn time interacting over the computer instead of in real life. The goal here is to put people in a face-to-face (or, if they prefer, genitals-to-genitals, or genitals-to-face) situation. Too many people are leading quiet lives of desparation... [sic]"
The parody is a web site that assists college students find hook-up buddies. Sorry, I will not register, but I encourage you to do so. Or better yet, stop reading this silly blog, turn off your computer, and go out to lunch with a friend.