Saturday, April 09, 2005
I live in the constant fear that someday the existence of this blog will become common knowledge among former math campers who knew me. I guess I'd rather not have them know, considering how judgmental many of them are, and how a few of them have hurt me so in the past.
In any case, I've had 6 exams in the past 10 days, an average of one every other day. So, I've spent the past couple of weeks studying and not blogging. Clearly, I need to straighten out my priorities in life. The only one of those tests worth mentioning, perhaps, is the New York State EMT certification practical exam I took this morning. I finally finished the EMT class that I started two years ago, and the only reason it took me so long was that I took a year off from college during the middle of the year-long course. This class was, of course, full of pre-med students who had no intention of working on ambulance squads, but rather wanted something a little extra to put on their CV's as they applied to medical school. I think I was a bit out of place there as the lone physics major taking the class, and I don't exactly remember why I began the class two years ago. I only vaguely remember that I had a strong need to comfort those in extreme pain back then, and although I may not be quite so desperate now, it was still a gratifying feeling to have finished what I started, and with good scores at that.
In any case, I've had 6 exams in the past 10 days, an average of one every other day. So, I've spent the past couple of weeks studying and not blogging. Clearly, I need to straighten out my priorities in life. The only one of those tests worth mentioning, perhaps, is the New York State EMT certification practical exam I took this morning. I finally finished the EMT class that I started two years ago, and the only reason it took me so long was that I took a year off from college during the middle of the year-long course. This class was, of course, full of pre-med students who had no intention of working on ambulance squads, but rather wanted something a little extra to put on their CV's as they applied to medical school. I think I was a bit out of place there as the lone physics major taking the class, and I don't exactly remember why I began the class two years ago. I only vaguely remember that I had a strong need to comfort those in extreme pain back then, and although I may not be quite so desperate now, it was still a gratifying feeling to have finished what I started, and with good scores at that.