Monday, January 24, 2005

 
I'm in a bad mood and I'm not sure why.

Today was the first day of classes. My Mondays go from 9 in the morning to 10 in the evening. Which is good, because I think it's a good idea to start the week off with a bang, it makes the rest of the week easier, also. I am taking the second half of the EMT training course which I started in the fall of 2003, and was unable to complete due to my leave of absence the next semester. I'd forgotten how morbid the class really is... the three hour long lecture is mostly a discussion of the various ways in which human body systems fail, and lead to death. I'm not sure what state of mind I was in back in 2003, to have found this class so amusing, but looking back in my old blog entries I seem to have enjoyed it back then. I suppose I thought more about death back then than I do now.

All in all, it looks like a promising semester. Neubert is teaching my quantum mechanics class, he is very good, with a delightful German accent. German professors will tell you that quantum mechanics must be taught in a German accent, because quantum mechanics was invented by Germans. My analytical mechanics professor is one of those types that talks a hundred miles a minute, spitting words gratuitously out of their mouths before they have fully had a chance to form. The girl that sat next to me remarked that he must be very sharp, to be able to talk so fast. My mathematical physics class looks as amusing as last semester. I always fit in a math-type class into my schedule, for entertainment purposes.

So, it looks like I'll be busy as hell for the next four months, but I'll try to update whenever I can.



<< Home