Friday, December 31, 2004

 
I haven't blogged very much this month. Today is the last day of my week in Ohio; tomorrow I head back to upstate New York to get back to work in the plasma lab. I don't have any particular plans for new year's celebrations. I did spend a nice Christmas weekend with Drew, and watched him make three dishes out of one duck. (Poor Mr. Duck.) I love duck.

My parents are hopping mad, because I would prefer to return to Korea after graduating from college a year from now, instead of sticking around and attending graduate school in America. However, I have had about as much of America as I can withstand, and I've grown tired of the rejection and isolation that I've felt for most of my life as a foreigner in this country. I guess it is accurate to say that I am being pushed more than pulled towards Korea, and it isn't clear what would wait for me there, other than a 2 year conscription. On the other hand, I do think I know what awaits me here in America if were I to stay, which is just more rejection.

Or maybe I just enjoy doing to my parents what they have done to me for so long. No concrete plans yet, but I can still hope.



<< Home