Friday, October 08, 2004

 
So I didn't get to get drunk last night, because I signed up to give blood this morning. And while it is amusing to think of a hospital patient waking up with a buzz after receiving my blood during surgery, I didn't think I could make it through the day both hung over and suffering from blood loss.

I also have a big bruise on my left arm, and I am still bleeding six hours later, as the American Red Cross nurse that jabbed me was clearly in the process of being trained. There was something comical about lying on a table waiting to be stuck in the arm, while one nurse scrutinized my veins and her trainer explained the procedure to her. After she had finished inserting the needle, I wanted to say "good job" to her, but afraid it might be taken as sarcasm, I held my tongue and dutifully started squeezing my little sponge ball.



<< Home