Thursday, October 21, 2004

 
It seems that everybody around me is coming down with an illness, which is strange, since I am the most overworked person I know (having stayed up for the past 3 nights or so), and yet I remain as healthy as a horse. Even now, I can hear Lizzie coughing away in the living room as I type, though I think she is starting to recover from whatever it is that's going around.

Lizzie, by the way, is my housemate. I share a three room apartment with Lizzie and Mel, which is not as good as it sounds... the other day we realized that both girls have broader shoulders than I do, for example. In addition to the girls, there are the cats, which Phil turned out to be allergic to, when he came and visited last night. Phil was my roommate at math camp around four years ago, and although he was the most inconvenient roommate, he is perhaps the only roommate that I've had that I like. It seemed somewhat fitting that after four years, he remained a skinny, excitable, somewhat sickly sort of guy, who still could not take care of himself very well. Unlike at math camp, however, he brought along a girlfriend who took good care of him when he fell sick in my room. Although the original plan had been for Phil and his girlfriend to stay in the living room, they ended up taking over my room, safely away from the cats, while I spent the night working on physics homework in the living room.

But I guess I should get used to spending the night in the living room, as Motte seems determined to come visit this winter.



<< Home