Saturday, September 11, 2004

 
I went to Ruloph's last night, along with a very skinny Lee, to see what Galwang was up to. I arrived at the bar just as he was ordering 3 Three Wise Men, and watched him down them in the span of about half a minute. At Lee's recommendation, I ordered a Jameson for the first time, only to have it snatched out of my fingertips by Galwang. I spent the rest of my time at the bar listening to him bemoan the prejudice he suffers on the basketball court, where apparently a short Asian man wearing glasses is never passed the ball. It seems understandable that that would be frustrating, as basketball is his primary outlet, but it still doesn't seem worth getting that drunk over. I found it ironic that his drunken sobbing got him a lot of attention from the bartender, who was the kind of white woman that he would have been drooling over, had he been sober. It's too bad he missed it.

So much for Friday night. I haven't had a lot to blog about lately, as my primary concern these days is getting enough sleep. Not that I've been horribly overworked, but I have one of these cases of insomnia which I periodically get, which last for a few days. I've also been actively avoiding my phone and Instant Messenger, as I seem to get a lot of calls from various women, mostly female friends who want to vent, their favorite topic being boys and boyfriends.

And there is my mother who calls to vent about my little brother, who is struggling to cope with college life in particular, but more generally life in America as a foreigner. The latter of which my mother is unwilling to acknowledge, as then there is the issue of responsibility and blame which inevitably comes up.

And of course none of these calls are from that one particular woman whom I'd most like to hear from.



<< Home