Friday, July 09, 2004

 
I've been trying and failing miserably to keep up with the Angry Asian Man's blog, which gets several updates a day, every day. So, I've come to conclude that either this Asian man is angry because he has no life, or that the Angry Asian Man is in fact a collaborative effort of several angry Asian men, headed no doubt by Drew Hu.

One of the entries from the past few days on Angry Asian Man has a link to this article on Chosun Ilbo's English version website. I'm glad that my blog is somehow no longer viewable from Korea, as I'm afraid the article would offend the intelligent, strong-willed and independent women I knew in Korea. (As far as I know, they can't cook very well, either.) Since I have a little more background information than the angry Asian guy, I feel obligated to point out here that Chosun Ilbo is the most conservative, anti-progressive newspaper in Korea, with a history of supporting various dictatorial regimes in the not-so-distant past in South Korea. Furthermore, many Koreans see it as more than a coincidence that the word "Chosun Ilbo" sounds a lot like the Korean term meaning "newspaper with a hard-on", for the apparent inability of its editors to think with their heads. For those who are able to read Korean (who are probably no longer able to see this blog), I recommend reading this website, an entire newspaper devoted almost entirely to debunking the farce that is Chosun Ilbo, and getting a good laugh out of it in the process.



<< Home