Wednesday, June 02, 2004
I've been trying to make myself useful by helping to revise this year's version of the counselor manual for math camp. It's amusing to see the manual reflect the failings of the counselors over the past two years, but I guess that was what necessitated the manual in the first place. There is a line about the Ohio State Fair which apparently I am responsible for.
Of course, thinking about the program once again and reading the lists of counselors and students has given me pangs of regret for not going back this summer, despite how much I've suffered there for the past four summers.
I talked to a monosyllabic Hanna today, for the first time since late December. She had surprisingly little to say for herself, though I remember her as being rather chatty last summer. Maybe it's for the best that I'm not returning to math camp, as there are just too many ghosts from the past I have to live with at that place.
Of course, thinking about the program once again and reading the lists of counselors and students has given me pangs of regret for not going back this summer, despite how much I've suffered there for the past four summers.
I talked to a monosyllabic Hanna today, for the first time since late December. She had surprisingly little to say for herself, though I remember her as being rather chatty last summer. Maybe it's for the best that I'm not returning to math camp, as there are just too many ghosts from the past I have to live with at that place.