Saturday, May 22, 2004
While I've been in Ohio, I've been spending most of my time working on my parents' garden, planting and watering tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, pumpkins, sesame, scallions, and so forth. Deciding that our plants weren't growing very fast, my parents and I applied some plant food from an unnamed company that promised healthier leaves, stronger roots, and bigger vegetables for all garden plants. The next day, I found that over half of our garden had been wiped out during the course of the night, seemingly poisoned by the plant food we applied. It was the strangest thing, and I still don't understand how anything could have killed the plants so quickly. Either I somehow didn't apply the plant food correctly, or the government has found a new way to get rid of their nuclear waste.
On the bright side, I now have plenty of work to keep me busy, as we will be replanting much of our garden.
On the bright side, I now have plenty of work to keep me busy, as we will be replanting much of our garden.