Friday, April 23, 2004

 
I haven't been posting lately, mostly because I don't have internet access from my parent's place. It has gotten to the point where Joephet "misses" me, as the only way we communicate is through blogging and the occasional greeting passed on by Drew.

I also haven't had much material to write on... for the past week or so I've been helping around the house, mostly with a garden that my mother wants to start. I've dug up and slaughtered so many weeds in order to clear a bit of her backyard that I've been having dreams of various plants taking their bloody revenge against me. I never saw much difference between killing a plant and killing an animal, and though there must be vegetarians who claim there is a moral distinction between killing a wheat plant and killing a chicken, I'm puzzled as to how such speciesism is any more defensible than racism, sexism and the like.

Though this past night, I dreamt not of murderous plants, but of a tearful and inconsolable Motte, which I completely failed to understand.

So I guess it's safe to say I've been quite confused lately. It's time to move on from this place and find more work.



<< Home