Sunday, February 15, 2004
I have a bad case of insomnia tonight. Too tired to do anything productive, I got online and was immediately bombarded by Mike's IM's. Ranting and raving, he told me that the Democratic party's support of gun control was irrational; he claimed to have statistics showing that 20% of Republican voters would vote Democrat were it not for the issue of gun control, while only a negligible number of Democratic voters would be alienated to a third party, were the Democratic party to change their views. I suggested airily that perhaps Democratic politicians had real beliefs. Mike told me that real beliefs are also irrational.
As for my view on gun control, I used to believe in it until fascists took over Washington. Now I believe every American should own a rifle, and that sniper training should be a part of the standard curriculum in American high schools.
As for my view on gun control, I used to believe in it until fascists took over Washington. Now I believe every American should own a rifle, and that sniper training should be a part of the standard curriculum in American high schools.