Friday, January 30, 2004

 
I read on yahoo news today that the American military has vowed to capture Osama bin Laden before the end of this year. This makes me suspect that they may already have him in captivity, and are waiting for the right moment to parade him in front of the cameras; a sort of hidden propaganda trump card for Bush in this election year.

I spend quite a bit of time almost every day scanning through various online newspapers, but I sometimes wonder why. After my brain automatically filters out the BS propaganda, there is very little substance left in mainstream news, as it is the same stuff over and over again (propaganda must be repeated ceaselessly in order to be effective). For instance, in an AP article detailing the Libyan surrender of its nuclear weapons program to the US, my eyes see "Bush administration officials indicated Gadhafi could expect some easing of economic pressure in return if he continued on a cooperative track... Gadhafi's turnabout, promoted by Britain with U.S. support, is being cited by the White House as a triumph in the campaign to halt the spread of nuclear technology." What I actually read is "The dictator Bush indicated that the dictator Gadhafi could expect money in his pocket so long as he became a puppet to the Bush regime... Gadhafi's decision, shoved down his throat by America and her satellite states, is being cited by Bush as a triumph for American imperialism and its monopoly on blackmail by weapons of mass destruction."



<< Home