Thursday, December 25, 2003
Today I met Cat, fresh back from Morocco, who had a great laugh after putting a turban on me in the middle of a coffee shop in the middle of white suburbia. It was nice to see her again, and she had some interesting stories to tell about her experience studying abroad.
So I've been wondering why I was so eager to take a trip to Korea this winter break, but after living at home for a few days, it's obvious that wanted to get away from home. I need some alone time, after a rather rough year, and Seoul seems like a nice place to lose myself for a couple weeks. And the hustle and bustle of a major city tends to energize me, which might be just what I need to cure my emotional and psychological burn-out.
Though I'm not sure where my week in China fits into this picture. More on that later.
So I've been wondering why I was so eager to take a trip to Korea this winter break, but after living at home for a few days, it's obvious that wanted to get away from home. I need some alone time, after a rather rough year, and Seoul seems like a nice place to lose myself for a couple weeks. And the hustle and bustle of a major city tends to energize me, which might be just what I need to cure my emotional and psychological burn-out.
Though I'm not sure where my week in China fits into this picture. More on that later.