Thursday, December 04, 2003
I'm a bit tired tonight from not really sleeping for a week. Which made for an interesting time at my EMT lab... I really should try to be more awake while learning to save lives and so forth. I spent the hour and a half exchanging the usual silly jokes with Rina, as I splinted and bandaged her humerus, radius, ulna, tibia, and fibula, while fending off her bright-eyed salacious little smiles. It's often refreshing to take a class with freshmen... to interact with students who haven't let the institutional atmosphere of this place seep into their bones yet, who aren't yet burnt out from the ceaseless march of industrial education. It reminds me of what I was like before I started middle school in Korea, and gives me a strange sort of hope, though I'm not sure exactly what that is. Maybe just the thought that as a thinking person, in the end I do choose how I let this place affect me, as unforgiving as it may be.
Speaking of bright-eyed freshmen, I haven't heard in a long time from the most unhappy freshman I know. I miss Hanna's delightful laughter and I wonder if she'll let Princeton take any of that away from her. Well, it is crunch time at most colleges, and she is probably very busy, which may be why she never answers the phone. And missing her is in a way just selfishness on my part.
So it's been a difficult week. I just need to survive one more night.
Speaking of bright-eyed freshmen, I haven't heard in a long time from the most unhappy freshman I know. I miss Hanna's delightful laughter and I wonder if she'll let Princeton take any of that away from her. Well, it is crunch time at most colleges, and she is probably very busy, which may be why she never answers the phone. And missing her is in a way just selfishness on my part.
So it's been a difficult week. I just need to survive one more night.