Sunday, December 14, 2003
I haven't had much of a chance to blog the past week, because of my illness and finals, and I no longer have internet at home. But I am still alive, though perhaps not quite kicking.
So they've caught Saddam, and so we're going to have to endure a few days of American imperial triumphalism, at least until they realize that his capture will not change the deplorable condition in Iraq; the rebellion will go on, and Iraqis and Americans will still die.
Though primarily, it will still be the Iraqis that do the dying.
So they've caught Saddam, and so we're going to have to endure a few days of American imperial triumphalism, at least until they realize that his capture will not change the deplorable condition in Iraq; the rebellion will go on, and Iraqis and Americans will still die.
Though primarily, it will still be the Iraqis that do the dying.