Sunday, November 09, 2003
Not a lot to write about this weekend, since I spent most of it passed out after finishing my second round of prelims. I wasn't nearly as productive enough this weekend to meet my quotas. I've also been listening to techno for some reason, and techno tends to prevent me from reflecting on the subtleties of life, or, for that matter, think in general. To me, techno is the musical form of Soma.
I checked out a copy of The Fear of Freedom by Erich Fromm the other day, and have been slowly reading it. It was written during WW2 by a German psychoanalyst in criticism of his society, so I figured it would be relevant to America today.
I checked out a copy of The Fear of Freedom by Erich Fromm the other day, and have been slowly reading it. It was written during WW2 by a German psychoanalyst in criticism of his society, so I figured it would be relevant to America today.