Sunday, November 02, 2003
I was just reading an AP news article on the latest developments in Iraq. The story details the deaths of 15 American soldiers in another clash between the occupiers and the resistance fighters. The AP writer meticulously lists the home states of the dead Americans, their assigned units and destination of their shot-down helicoper.
At the bottom of the story, I see a small paragraph, which notes that on the same day, American soldiers opened fire into a crowded Baghdad marketplace, which for some reason they were trying to disperse. There is no mention of how many Iraqis were killed; no mention of where they were from, or what they were doing in that marketplace that day.
At the bottom of the story, I see a small paragraph, which notes that on the same day, American soldiers opened fire into a crowded Baghdad marketplace, which for some reason they were trying to disperse. There is no mention of how many Iraqis were killed; no mention of where they were from, or what they were doing in that marketplace that day.