Friday, October 10, 2003
I showed up last night to a lab for my EMT class. The instructors had already set the room up for CPR/AED training... so what do I see arrayed before me, but a dozen mannequins; half of them white, and half of them black. This caused a brief bout of ROTFLMAO. Unfortunately, there were no yellow mannequins, which will perhaps irk Drew to no end. An instructor told me they do exist, but there were none for our class.
My first round of midterms ended well... and I'm looking forward to the rematch that comes in a month. I'm working hard trying to find my feet again, after the turmoil of the past semester and summer, and I try to spend more time thinking about the future and less about the past. And so I've been becoming more and more interested in my classes, and at times I even start thinking about grad school. Or maybe even med school. It's hard to know for sure at this point, although I suppose the questions I've had to confront have not needed as much soul searching as what Lee is going through.
So, I'm thankful (hopeful?) to be returning to my normal self, with a better sense for what I was meant to do in this world.
My first round of midterms ended well... and I'm looking forward to the rematch that comes in a month. I'm working hard trying to find my feet again, after the turmoil of the past semester and summer, and I try to spend more time thinking about the future and less about the past. And so I've been becoming more and more interested in my classes, and at times I even start thinking about grad school. Or maybe even med school. It's hard to know for sure at this point, although I suppose the questions I've had to confront have not needed as much soul searching as what Lee is going through.
So, I'm thankful (hopeful?) to be returning to my normal self, with a better sense for what I was meant to do in this world.