Monday, September 29, 2003
It's been a pretty uneventful weekend, mostly catching up on some overdue physics homework, and being amused talking online to a very drunken Cara. Cara is somebody I met through my friend Panna; Cara loves her puppy and generally hates men unless they happen to be jewish. Tonight she is telling me about her stalker. Panna and Cara are alike in that they find amusement in playing with the minds of various men, with the end result that the lamest of the bunch end up harassing them for months or even years afterwards.
Speaking of Panna, it seems that she's somehow found herself caught squarely between my housemates David and Mel. Although I did try to discourage any unfounded feelings of guilt on the part of Panna, I found myself strangely unfeeling for Mel's possible loss, and not just because Mel is American. My decidedly selfish reaction was to want to avoid any involvement in this matter, or spending time listening to any of the entangled parties. I wonder if I'm just busy, or if it's true that I've simply become cold.
Other than that, I've been wondering what my long term influence on my friend Galwang has been, and if it's even been a positive one. I am so blunt with my criticisms: in-your-face as opposed to subtle and caring, but his stereotypical Asian-American self-hatred was so infuriating. Tonight he is ranting in his characteristic hot-headed way about the shallowness of white girls on cell phones... but I wonder how he'd react if the same girl were to show any passing interest in him. Oh yeah, he claims to be studying Chinese in order to better appreciate his heritage. I hope I haven't been so critical and overbearing that he is compelled to act a certain way in front of me, as opposed to being himself. I remember him being such a mild manned guy before he started hanging around me. Of course, his starting to talk to me also coincided with other significant developments for him.
As for his hot-headedness, that always made me wonder if he isn't part Korean or something. Maybe from his northern China background.
Speaking of Panna, it seems that she's somehow found herself caught squarely between my housemates David and Mel. Although I did try to discourage any unfounded feelings of guilt on the part of Panna, I found myself strangely unfeeling for Mel's possible loss, and not just because Mel is American. My decidedly selfish reaction was to want to avoid any involvement in this matter, or spending time listening to any of the entangled parties. I wonder if I'm just busy, or if it's true that I've simply become cold.
Other than that, I've been wondering what my long term influence on my friend Galwang has been, and if it's even been a positive one. I am so blunt with my criticisms: in-your-face as opposed to subtle and caring, but his stereotypical Asian-American self-hatred was so infuriating. Tonight he is ranting in his characteristic hot-headed way about the shallowness of white girls on cell phones... but I wonder how he'd react if the same girl were to show any passing interest in him. Oh yeah, he claims to be studying Chinese in order to better appreciate his heritage. I hope I haven't been so critical and overbearing that he is compelled to act a certain way in front of me, as opposed to being himself. I remember him being such a mild manned guy before he started hanging around me. Of course, his starting to talk to me also coincided with other significant developments for him.
As for his hot-headedness, that always made me wonder if he isn't part Korean or something. Maybe from his northern China background.