Sunday, September 28, 2003
By way of introduction
So I first met Lostin at math camp, where he made little impression, beyond extreme giggliness at music videos of turbaned darkies singing merrilier than ought be possible for globally oppressed minorities. That is not the point. The point is that Lostin is an instance of an oppressed minority (of the peninsular variety) whom I've gotten to cyberknow rather well in the past year, and to cyberrespect as well. He is Asian, not diluted, deluded Asian-American: he talks straight and acts straight, and thinks before he speaks. I trust his judgment more than I do mine, though not necessarily his taste in men. Or women.
So I first met Lostin at math camp, where he made little impression, beyond extreme giggliness at music videos of turbaned darkies singing merrilier than ought be possible for globally oppressed minorities. That is not the point. The point is that Lostin is an instance of an oppressed minority (of the peninsular variety) whom I've gotten to cyberknow rather well in the past year, and to cyberrespect as well. He is Asian, not diluted, deluded Asian-American: he talks straight and acts straight, and thinks before he speaks. I trust his judgment more than I do mine, though not necessarily his taste in men. Or women.